The first thing lovable about MTN is that they have a wider area of coverage which has given them an edge. When people make choice of network provider to select, they include the tariff plans in their consideration. This post will aid you in terms of tariff plans and how beneficial they are in their different categories.
It must be pointed out here that MTN was recently announced as Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. Some Months ago in, 2018, MTN announced that it had acquired as many as 54 million subscribers in Nigeria, a figure that far supersedes that of the other network service provider in Nigeria.
Of course, one of the reasons why MTN is so widely patronized apart from it’s wide area coverage but also because of it’s relatively cheap tariff plans. Here are enumerated list of the Tariff plans by MTN.
1. MTN BetaTalk Plan
MTN migrates new users from the SmartPack plan to this BetaTalk plan once the three months given to them are over. But existing customers can migrate on their free will.
To migrate to MTN BetaTalk tariff plan, simply Dial *123*2*1# or Text BT to 131.
Benefit of MTN BetaTalk tariff plan
For every recharge of N100 and above, you get 250% bonus airtime on every recharge
- National calls will be charged at the rate of N25.20/minute (42k/sec) from the customer’s main account and N27/minute (45k/sec) from the bonus account.
- All national calls, SMS and Data will be charged from the customer’s main account as soon as the bonus airtime is exhausted or expires.
- International calls, International SMS and Data while roaming will be charged from the customer’s main account only at the prevailing international rate.
Customers get more value for their airtime recharge anytime.
READ ALSO: cheapest Glo night plans
2. MTN StartPack Plan
This is usually considered a starter plan because it is available to only for all new customers who have just bought a new SIM.
Note that this tariff plan is for newly registered customers on the MTN network. It is valid for only three months and at this time the customer can enjoy a number of benefits. However, after the three months, the user will be alerted to choose a new plan or be automatically migrated to MTN BetaTalk plan.
– Benefits of MTN SmartPack Plan
* Users will enjoy 700% bonus on EVERY recharge of N100 and above.
* They will also get free access to WhatsApp for the first 3 days after recharge.
Also note that The bonus, as usual, will not appear in your main account. It will be credited in a dedicated account.
Amazing feature of this plan is that users will be able to use the airtime bonus they have been given to make calls and send SMS to ALL Local Networks in Nigeria.
The customers will also be able to browse the internet on Pay As You GO rate with the airtime bonus.
If you want to check the details of the airtime bonus such as the expiry date, usage and balance, just dial *559*43#.
Call Rates On MTN SmartPack Tariff Plan
- All national calls are charged at 66.67kobo/sec (40 Naira/min)
- National SMS are charged at 4 Naira per SMS.
- International calls are charged at 75kobo/sec (45 Naira/min) and International SMS are charged at 12 Naira per SMS.
Read Also: Cheapest MTN data bundles in Nigeria
3. MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special tariff plan that allows users on it to enjoy a FLAT rate of 15 kobo per second for MTN-to-MTN calls, MTN-to-Other networks and to 18 selected international destinations from the very first second.
This MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid tariff plan does not in any way attract a daily or monthly subscription or access fee.
To migrate to this MTN tariff plan and enjoy its service, Simply Dial *408*1# or *123*2*3# OR Text 408 to 131.
How does MTN Xtra Special Plan call rate work?
Below is a summary of MTN Xtra Special Plan and Eligible Destination
|MTN-to-18 Selected International destinations||15k/sec|
|Eligible destinations||Canada, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, Sweden, South Korea, Israel, Hong Kong, Romania, Denmark, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg.|
4. MTN Pulse
MTN Pulse tariff plan is a prepaid tariff plan that allows you enjoy FLAT rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after the first 50 seconds call of the day at 25K/sec. With MTN Pulse, “You Talk more, Laugh more and Love more”
Also note that you have to spend at least N11 daily to be eligible for all the benefits it has to offer. To top this, you’ll also enjoy data bonus on every airtime recharge.
To migrate to MTN Pulse, simply dial *406*1#. Or text “406” to “131.”
Why should I migrate to MTN Pulse?
You will enjoy the following benefits when you are on MTN Pulse:
- Flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN12.50 daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at ₦10/day
- Pulse Nightlife Bundle (₦25 for 125MB Pulse Nightlife bundle and N50 at 250MB for a day)
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge
- Plus other life-enriching products and services from MTN
Finally we can conclude that this post has made it easy for you to know the tariff plans to use for your day-to-day interactions with friends a family.