Mobile marketing is the act of promoting your products brand or services through carefully and systematically designed campaigns for delivery to cell phones, smart phones and other handheld devices, usually as a component of a multi-channel campaign.
In recent times, it is known that customers can make choice right from the comfort of their homes through their mobile devices. People can now access product, services and brand information anytime, anywhere from their mobile devices.
Understand that almost everyone is using a mobile device and as such a potential target market.
In digital marketing, mobile marketing is a channel, and everyone who has a smartphone or tablet is the target audience.
Mobile Marketing Components:
- App based
We are going to talk about SMS due to its importance and relevance in this part of the world.
It has been observed from survey and research that consumers use their smartphones to make buying decisions at every step of the purchasing process:
- 50% use it on the way to the store
- 60% use their smartphone in the store
- 39% of walkouts are influenced by smartphones
How Does Mobile Marketing Work?
This the art of marketing your business to appeal to mobile device users. Mobile marketing consists of posts or ads that are designed and delivered to appear on mobile smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices.
Mobile marketing ad formats, customization, and styles can vary, as many social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps offer their own unique and tailored mobile ad options.
Mobile Marketing Best Practices
Here are some of the best ways to achieve super results in mobile marketing.
- Brand Identity: One of the first things you need is a logo. Try keep it simple with a style that reflects your business theme and personality. Initials (acronyms or abbreviations) are trending and very popular now. Try using clear and easy-to-read fonts
- Be Clear and Concise: Understand that the screens of your mobile devices are small and as such try to keep things simple.
- Optimize for Local: Optimize for local mobile marketing to make sure you are aligning with users’ queries.
- Check Your Website: Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. Ensure it is a responsive website that can adapt to any screen size. Google is focusing on mobile-first indexing, which means it will use the mobile version of your website’s pages for ranking. Improve the user experience of your target audience and this will help boost your search relevance. Ensure the navigation styles and layout on your website are easy for users to interact with.
- Consider Your Target Audience: You have to know where your custom audience are, where they are visiting and what they are interacting with online.
- Experiment with Different Strategies: There’s a lot of room for experimentation when it comes to mobile marketing.
- Benchmark Your Results: Keep tracking your results to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Involve Social Media: Social media has empowered people to reach more and more audience. Social media combined with mobile, brings a wide range of accessibility and scalability. Social commerce is the new way for businesses to drive sales through engagement. Through top social media networks like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to mention but a few, you can increase reach and engagement.
SMS (Short Message Service) Marketing
On average, SMS messages are read within four minutes, making them highly convertible. You cannot neglect mobile marketing. Almost everyone checks their SMS messages.
The best thing about this channel is that it does not involve the use of data or internet to deliver to such phones other than mobile network. When you have your prospects and customers phone numbers, all that is needed is to be sending them SMS messages routinely in order to keep your brand in their mind.
SMS messaging is currently the most common delivery channel for mobile marketing. Search engine marketing is the second-most common channel, followed by display-based campaigns.
Mobile marketing is so powerful that it can provide customers with time and location sensitive, personalized information that promotes goods, services and ideas.
ADVANTAGES OF MOBILE MARKETING
1) Instant Deliverability
The average time for all mobile carriers and SMS services is less than 7 seconds from send to received. However, other marketing strategies are also incredibly fast, but nothing compares to the swiftness of SMS.
2) Instant Opt-In and Opt-Out
The use of short codes, opting in and opting out of your SMS stream is, like everything else associated with SMS – instant. Unlike other opt-in or opt-out options, there is only one step, and besides entering a mobile number, there is rarely any personal information required up front. In the SMS marketing business, you want to make it as quick and simple to opt out as it is to opt in. This simplicity helps keep subscriber satisfaction high.
3) High Open Rate
Essentially, almost every SMS sent is opened (and read), whereas only a fraction of emails sent are read. This is a survey i have carried out and known. When the notification gets to a subscriber or hears that trill signaling a text message, they always look and read. In some cases, text messages are automatically opened, where emails aren’t. Subscribers have a choice to open your email.
SMS is more of a direct connection to your target customer.Unlike email, SMS doesn’t have to battle against spam or other email filters.
Digital marketing is continually evolving, and mobile marketing plays a key role in that strategy.
Mobile marketing has evolved and it will be good for any business to take advantage of the fast-paced technology environment powered by the dominance of the mobile revolution.
The use of mobile devices is a trend continues to progress, and businesses need to key into it and develop a cohesive mobile marketing plan to connect with digital consumers.
trust this post has been helpful? Kindly leave a comment below for any contribution and please remember to share. Also read Mobile marketing with SMS to promote business