The Android operating system is constantly updated, and each update brings a different experience to the user.
But the constant is that each generation of Android OS has a corresponding dessert code, Android 5.0 is Lollipop, Android 6.0 is Marshmallow, Android 7.0 is Nougat, Android 8.0 is Oreo, and Android 9.0 is Pie
Google has finally released the stable version of Android 9.0 Pie, and it’s already available for Pixel phones.
Devices You can Run Android 9.0 Pie On
You need to understand that Android 9.0 Pie is only available right now for certain devices . Here is a list of phones on which Android 9.0 Pie can run on:
- Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel/Pixel XL
- Essential Phone
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Oppo R15 Pro
- Vivo X21
- OnePlus 6
For those that do not have any of the listed phone, do not worry as it will soon be made available on other Android phones before the end of the year as this is in top gear to make it reach other high end android devices.
Benefits of Android System Update (Android 9.0 Features):
- Adaptive battery and brightness
- Intelligent prediction & Intuitive navigation
- Multi-camera and Bluetooth connections support
- Convenient Do Not Disturb mode
- Daily view of the time spent on your phone
- Set time limits for the apps you use
- Features with High Dynamic Range (HDR) VP9 Profile 2
- New gesture control interface with no back button and multitasking button
How To Download And Install Android 9.0 Pie
Here are simplified steps you can use to update/upgrade your android to android 9.0 pie version.
1: Download the OTA (Over The Air) update
For some phones, updates will come automatically especially for samsung phones. If the over-the-air update is available, it should automatically be downloaded.
In a situation it is not available automatically, then you need to update Android version manually:
- Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network.
- Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and upgrade to the new Android version when the installation is completed.
Reboot your phone after the update has installed, and you’ll be running Android Pie in no time!
2. How to Update Android Version with Upgrade Package
Most times it is cool to visit the official mobile manufacturers’ website to check if such update/upgrade software is available for your device. Just download the latest system upgrade package according to your phone’s brand model. After the download is completed, please store it in the phone’s SD card.
Ensure to observe your battery life. It is recommended to plug your phone to a power source and be charging it before starting this process. Also you may need to connect to a wi-fi or get high data volume so as not to interrupt the upgrade process.
Open your Android’s Settings.Scroll down from the top of the screen, to “Settings”.
- Go to About Phone.
- On Samsung, you will see “Software Update” and other devices maybe System update.
- Once your phone shows the available update package, tap Continue to download and install the package.
“Wait for your Android to finish updating.” This may take time, so ensure to allow the process to be completed. Once your Android finishes updating and restarting, the newest available version of the operating system would be installed on your phone.
After rebooting, your phone will be updated to the Android 9.0 Pie automatically.Note this method is the same for any android update
3. How to Upgrade Android Version with Rooting Device
Rooting is a process that allows you to attain root access to the Android operating system code (the equivalent term for Apple devices id jailbreaking). It gives you privileges to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
If you need to upgrade to the latest Android OS version when it’s accessible, you could try to root your phone, which can not only enable you to attain super administrator permissions over various Android subsystems but also access updates effortlessly.
As for how to root the Android phone, just follow the detailed instructions:
- Download and install a root app on your phone.
- Reboot your phone to access the latest version of the Android operating system.
Backup before Upgrading Android System
Please don’t hesitate to share this post with your family and friends, so they can enjoy all the new features brought by Android 9.0 with them.