What is Digital Branding?
For us to define this, we need to understand what a brand is. A brand is a product, service, or concept that is publicly distinguished from other products, services, or concepts so that it can be easily communicated and usually marketed.
Hence, Digital branding is channels used to communicate a brand’s positioning (or purpose) to beget engagement through internet-based relationships, device-based applications and media content.
Digital branding is a crucial part of building a successful online presence. you can start building your digital brand, regardless of the size of your budget. Organizations always involve digital branding in their business but do not know how to effectively achieve the benefits of digital branding efforts. If properly applied, the result will be fruitful if the skill and knowledge to support them is good.
Digital branding involves four key points: these points are highlighted below
- Building a digital brand story.
- Creativity in digital media and marketing.
- Digital channels and content distributed to channels based on consumer data and habits.
- Creating digital relationships.
From the definition above, digital branding involves the use of channels. These channels are
There are multiple online marketing channels available, namely:
- Affiliate marketing
- Display advertising
- Internet branding
- Email marketing
- Search marketing
- Social Media
- Online PR
- Video advertising
- SMS Marketing
Important Elements in Digital Marketing
- Mobile Considerations– 90% of consumer transactions are started on one device and finished on another. (Neil Mohan, Google) Further, in 2014, smartphone and tablet sales grossly outnumber pc sales. Learning what is possible with mobile and marketing to those users are crucial in today’s digital world. Every aspect of your digital marketing campaign should reflect mobile considerations. – forbes
- Organic Search– Nowadays people get wanted information online through a variety of methods, the most prominent being search engine results. For your website to be in front of potential customers and leads, it is imperative to correctly optimize your website so as to rank high on search engines. Optimizing your website correctly will help the search engines identify what your site is all about, and how it relates to what the user is looking for. Implementing a solid organic search strategy will increase your website’s visibility within the search engines and help drive more traffic to your website, thereby increasing your potential for a variety of positive opportunities.
- Content Marketing– I always lay emphasis on content. Content is a major driving factor in a digital marketing strategy. Utilizing a blog on a site is a great way to help provide visitors with fresh and relevant content. This will help lead to an increase in site visitors, user engagement, which both work to drive conversions. Creating new and impactful content for your website also creates business authority. Businesses need to develop informational content – whether in the form of blogs, ebooks or videos – which is useful for the audience and does not necessarily force a sale action.
- Social Media Marketing– Social media marketing is a great medium for a business to build and increase brand presence throughout the Internet. It also provides a very powerful tool to share information and distribute content about products and services. Utilizing a variety of social media platforms creates new opportunities to interact and connect with potential customers and clients.
- Nurturing Website Visitors & Email Marketing– Marketing research shows that over 65% of consumers are inclined to make a purchase in association with a well planned email campaign. Remember, the majority of emails opened today are opened via mobile device so be sure that all email-marketing efforts are mobile-ready. This is why we optimized our platforms to be mobile friendly.
Steps to Better Digital Branding
1. Find Your Brand Personality
What is brand personality?. A brand personality is something to which the consumer can relate; It means assigning human personality traits or characteristics to a brand so as to achieve differentiation
These questions are important for your brand personality understanding. What issues are important to them? What problem is your product solving? Does your target audience respond to formal, fact-driven messaging or ads that are more creative and laid back?
Once you determine your personality, you have to find a way to convey those attributes to the public. Every choice you make says something about your company, including logo, typeface, color, tagline, and even your choice of spokesperson.
2. Activate Your Brand
Before we dive into this, we need to define key terms here. What is Brand Activation? Brand Activation is the art of driving consumer action through brand interaction and experiences. That is to say, the key aim of these sorts of campaigns is to get consumers to act
When a product is first manufactured it is virtually unknown to the general public. The company’s first attempt to make this product known to consumers is through brand activation. During this period, companies must determine what core values will distinguish their brand from others. Whatever they choose must highlight the company’s assets, and provide long-term benefits to the brand.
Key Principles to achieving brand activation is:
Experiential events – Live, one on one interaction with products by consumers helps to attract and engage them in emotional and physical experience that makes them to bond with such service.
Promotional marketing – This can come in the form of reward loyalty programs, giveaways, special offers, samples, the list is limitless. These incentives raise awareness for your brand and encourage first time users to try your product.
In-store retail marketing – By promoting items in-store, companies help buyers choose one product over another at their crucial buying moment. Brands can use point of purchase displays, attractive designs, or hosting retail launches to promote awareness of certain products.
Brand activation works best when it elicits real emotional engagement from consumers. With this end in mind, it’s important that companies remember to:
- Arouse a consumer’s passionsand urge using creative ideas and strategies.
- Timing is everything.Connecting with users at the right moment makes a crucial difference in your strategy’s effectiveness.
- The more direct the contact, the better.Connecting with consumers in-store or at local events is more effective than reaching out online.
The aforementioned points help consumers connect with your brand. Hence, enabling a positive experience, making it more likely that they will want to patronize your brand. Once you have their attention, they can continue moving on the path to purchase.
Advantages of consumer brand activations
Here are a few of the benefits of consumer activations:
- Brand activation events, the consumer can give you feedback on what to change or improve as they are interacting with you.
- It can bring life into an aging brand and even reach younger Millennials audiences.
- It can help to reinforce the brand’s positioning in the minds of the consumer.
- Helps to cut through the traditional advertising clutter (TV Commercials, Print, Web Ads)
- It makes your brand more prominent.
When digital branding is accurately and effectively carried out, it creates a difference between products. This makes a company to be a household name. Do not underestimate the influence that experiential brand activations can play for your brand..
Brand activations are not meant to be measured in terms of sales made rather they are to be viewed as a way to generate awareness and visibility for a company through cultivating real life engagement experiences with the target consumer.