Recently heard a few bloggers saying that SEO is DEAD!
I have topics on SEO and In case you just hearing this for the first time, SEO means Search Engine optimization.
In lay man terms, It simply means making your website easy for Google to access (index) and humans (your target audience) to understand.
SEO means the steps taken on your website to make it rank higher in search engine result pages like (Google, Bing, Aol to name a few) and be found by your target audience online.
The Internet has evolved over the years, and while SEO tactics have certainly changed, as long as search engines exist, ranking with SEO is still important.
WHY DO SOME PEOPLE SAY SEO IS DEAD?
For me I think because they do not understand the principle behind it. Or because SEO looks a lot different now than it did when it first appeared. The crazy part is that it changes quite frequently as Google’s algorithm for ranking search results evolves.
When SEO first started, people optimize for search engines by stuffing their websites full of keywords in unnatural and repetitive ways.
On blogger platform where this was discussed: Here is a few points of argument noted
“SEO is dead. Google doesn’t care about post optimized. One of them even said he does not believe in SEO and that seo has no part to play in search ranking.
Although their argument may find a point to stand on but the truth is that content optimized is sure to propel you to heights unimagined.
Content to me is key and the first thing any online marketer or wrier needs is to learn copywriting skill.
The art of writing content to educate, entertain, persuade and sell. Go to Google and type in the keyword phrase: “SEO is dead”
You’re sure to see millions of articles on the topic.
Therefore, No matter what you say about SEO being dead, It won’t stop people from searching for quality information on Google.
To answer this question on SEO being dead or alive? SEO lives on. SEO places you in front of your future clients.
Read More on Mistakes to avoid in content marketing
Please read What a Growth team can do for your team
Need To Try Other Digital Marketing media
It is obvious to note that you can not just try or stick to a particular medium and expect high results.
You should try other marketing channel for brand awareness, lead generation and sales?
Why depend on SEO alone when other channels are there?
SEO has its place. No one said that SEO is the beginning and end of digital marketing.
Don’t be a one-sided party. Do not put all your eggs in one basket.
All you need is to create and develop a strategic marketing approach.
Ensure to use all the channels available to put your content in front of your customers wherever they are.
- Search engine marketing
- Social Media
- Pay per click advertising
- Email marketing.
WHAT WILL HELP WHEN IT COMES TO SEO?
A few of the items that can help you with your SEO to better rank your website/post are enlisted below:
- Unique content. Try to create unique and quality contents. Google knows when content is duplicated from elsewhere on the web, and it could end up harming your ranking. Make sure to edit your content for those in entertainment blogging niche to make it different.
- Specific keywords. Avoid keyword stuffing, try use unique keywords with long tail keywords for specific pages you wish to rank for. Do a keyword research for the niche you wish to post.
- Schema, AMP, and other ways SEO beats PPC : Schema markup is now implemented in Google and other search engines as a way to provide more valuable, visual content for searches. Now if you search your favorite song, for example, you’re presented with lyrics, release dates, concert schedules, artist biographies, and more.
- Do not Focus Too Much on search engines over people : User experience used to come a far second to optimizing your content and website for the search engines. But, as Google has had the time and energy to invest in their search algorithm, the search results now tend to the populated with sites that place a focus on user experience.
The goal of Google is to provide their users (people searching for things) with the most valuable and relevant results possible. This means that your site can benefit greatly by focusing on improving the experience a user has on your site.
Case Study On Marketing
Let us take a look at brands like SPAR, Pepsi, Coca-cola, Jumia & Konga.
These brands have been seen to rank high on Google. They still spend millions of Naira on offline ads (Billboards, TV, Radio,
events, prints) and online ads (Facebook ads, Google Adwords, and Remarketing) to bring back visitors who abandoned their shopping carts.
The intriguing part is that they also engage with their fans on social media through contests and other engagement means.
Word of advice, simply try all means of advertisement if you wish to do better.
Even popular blogs in Nigeria with good SEO rankings still run paid Ads on YouTube, Google AdWords and social media to drive more traffic to their blogs.
They spend money on advertising because they understand the importance of advertisement to business. “What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising, not its form.” – David Ogilvy.
In addition, they still do email blasts, share live videos on social media and alert readers with popup notifications.
They understand that they need to grab more eyeballs and drive traffic to their websites.
Moreso, Top brands known don’t depend on just one channel for their traffic. They explore all Marketing media to retain top spots.
There is only one plan for you this year, make your marketing plans strategic from now on.
Ensure that your brand is seen everywhere by your target audience, wherever they are.
“He or she who is able and willing to spend the most money to acquire a customer, wins.” – Ryan Deiss.
What Kind Of Content To Write?
Write the kind of things people love reading:
As it offers real, actionable value that can get your audience.
Word of mouth goes a long way. People tend to tell all their friends about it.
Ensure that you use the social media networks that are in use in your locality. Example: Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter.
Where to start?
- It is adviceable to learn from people who are doing it successfully.
- Keep coming up with new and creative ideas.
- Refine and clarify your content
- Keep creating and posting engaging contents that in turn helps build your followers.