A couple of times when there is a new phone, people get carried away by the product or brand name but do not take not of the fact that there might be some complications. When dealing with an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus problem, it is advisable to deal with it from the root or basis.
It is not doubt that Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are cool and lovely devices, but they’re far from perfect. Majority of the iPhone 8 users i have interacted with are running into issues with their devices and this prompted me to research into some of the issues they suffer.
There has been increase in complaints about sound issues, wonky battery life, problems with Bluetooth, and so on. The moment you take note of issues with your new iphone, you might like to get in touch with Apple or schedule an appointment with your local store. This post is to help you know some of the things you can do to get some of the problems resolved without the help or need to go to apple store office or technician. I had to do extensive research, contact some folks and visit lots of help on getting this article compiled together.
In this post, you will learn of some of the common iPhone 8 problems and get some basic ideas on how to fix them.For those of you conversant with my post on techy issues, you know how i have provided technical assistance on the go like when you had privacy protection password problems on android phones.
Iphone8 Problems and How to fix them
Problem: Battery drains quickly
Due to high demand for use in the activities that our iPhones can offer or is required, This takes a toll on the battery and as such the battery life can be a problem. Statistics i gathered from the Apple support forum, many people have been complaining about unusual, rapid battery drain. It was observed that the iPhone 8 drains quite quickly when playing games . In all honesty the battery life is fairly ok. In a situation your iPhone 8 battery drains quickly, possible things to do:
- If you start noticing abnormal battery drain on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. It might probably not be hardware that’s causing the problem. If you start noticing weird battery drain on your iPhone 8 you’ll want to check your apps and your software.
- When you have checked the apps or do not know how to remove it, it is good to perform a factory reset. Make sure you back up first, but after wiping your iPhone, consider setting it up as new — don’t restore your backup — and test to see if the battery problem returns. If it doesn’t, then it’s possible that something in your old settings or an app you had installed was causing the issue.
- If you do still have battery issues after a factory reset and without restoring your backup, then it could be a hardware fault and you’re going to want to take it in to Apple for further testing.
Problem: Swelling battery
It was also noted that some iPhone 8 batteries develop the problem of swell up. The issue is affecting all its users. You may have seen some reports about iPhone 8 Plus batteries swelling up and causing the screen to detach from the body of the device. Reports by TNW and MacRumors have shown evidence of this problem. This though is a rare occurrence.
- From what i gathered, it shows Apple is investigating this. If you have this problem just Contact Apple as i trust they have the best and final solution by maybe changing the battery for you.
How to Fix iPhone 8 iCloud Restore Problems
The major thing to do when your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus gets stuck when trying to update its iCloud Settings is to hold down the Power button and Volume Down and wait for the device to reboot itself. Once it reboots, try the process again.
Ensure to create a local backup on your computer and then restore the backup to your iPhone 8. This hopefully may solve the problem as it has been a technique in resolving many phone issues.
Problem: Crackling earpiece
This issue has been observed by users of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus during calls, the ear piece seems to crack. They seem to get a repetitive, intermittent static sound or distortion that made it difficult to hear well during calls. You can get more or see what folks are saying on the Apple support forum, Reddit, and macron forum.
- According to a statement by Apple released on The Verge, they noted and i quote them “Our team is at work on a fix, which will be included in an upcoming software release.” Yoou can wait for a software update.
- Reportedly it is fixed in the iOS 11.1 developer beta. If you have a developer account, you can try it out via the Download New Betas tab after signing in at apple.com.
- It’s possible there’s a separate, but similar hardware problem to do with touching the earpiece, according to this Reddit post. If that’s your issue, then you may need to contact Apple about a replacement handset.
Problems: iPhone 8 Performance
When there are problems of occasional freezes, and general sluggishness, you’ll need to take action.
Restart Your Device
The first thing you’ll want to do is restart your phone or tablet. This might seem ridiculous but a simple restart could get you back on track.
Install the Latest iOS 11 Update
If you’re running an older version of iOS 11 and you’re noticing performance issues, try installing the iOS 11.4.1 update and see if that helps.
Do Some Cleanup
If you’ve owned your device for awhile you’ve probably accumulated all sorts of apps, photos, and videos you no longer need. Try get rid of this and it could improve your device’s overall speed.
Sometimes it can take a few days for new software to settle in so if you start noticing issues after installing a software update give it a few days before taking drastic actions.
Problem: iPhone 8 Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi problems are extremely common suffered most times by SMartphone users. Unfortunately, they can be tricky to fix.
- First check and try to make sure it’s not an issue with your router or ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Restart your router (unplug for a minute and plug back in) and see if that jumpstarts the network and speeds. If you’re positive it’s not an issue with your router, router’s firmware, or ISP, here are a few fixes to try.
- You can also click to forget the Wi-Fi network giving your iPhone 8 issues. Go into your device’s Settings > Wi-Fi > Select your connection by tapping the “i” in the circle > tap Forget this Network at the top of the screen.
- You should also restart your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. This only takes a few seconds but it’s been known to dislodge various Wi-Fi issues.
If those fixes don’t work, Apple’s released its own guide to iPhone Wi-Fi problems. Take a look there before scheduling an appointment.
Problem: Screen unresponsive or frozen
The reports gathered on the Apple forums about the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus being unresponsive and freezing on the lock screen or the home screen was much and as such i decided to share it on this post. Funny enough some of the hardware buttons and certain gestures still work, but everything else is frozen.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to power off, assuming it works. Press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on again.
- The force restart method has changed for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. You must press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
- If the problem returns after a restart, then backup anything precious and try wiping your iPhone, then restoring your backup.
- If you’ve tried a factory reset and then restored your backup and the problem returns, then it could be something in your backup that’s causing it. Try factory resetting your iPhone 8 and set it up as a new device, then test to see if the problem is gone.
- Still no joy? It’s time to contact Apple or head into an Apple Store and ask about a repair or replacement.
Problem: iPhone 8 Bluetooth
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus users have complained about Bluetooth issuesand how it is affecting them. Just like Wi-Fi issues, Bluetooth problems can be difficult to fix (particularly if you’re dealing with issues in your car) but here are a few remedies to try.
- Go to your Settings > Bluetooth > Select the Bluetooth connection having issues using the “i” in the circle > and tap Forget this Device. Try reconnecting. This method has been tested and worked wonders for those who have tried it.
- An alternative method is to go to your iPhone 8’s Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Try reconnecting to the device.
- You might also try resetting your iPhone 8’s settings to its factory defaults. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This might take a few minutes to finish up and it will also cause the device to forget Wi-Fi passwords.
Problem: iPhone 8 Sound
One thing that can make your phone messed up is the sound gadget or speakers or microphone of your iPhone 8’s frustrating you.
- It has been found to be helpful by running the newest version of iOS 11 on your device
- Ensure that the Ringer/Silent switch on the side of your device to make sure it’s set in the right position.
- If ok, try restarting your iPhone 8. Hold down the power button and turn the phone off. Power it back on and check the sound.
You can clean to remove any dust or debris that could be blocking the speaker grille or the Lightning Dock. You can also try performing a hard reset. Hold down the Power Button and the Volume Down button at the same time and wait for the phone to reboot itself. (On the iPhone 8, press Volume Up and release, press Volume Down and release, then hold the Power Button for about 5-10 seconds.)
If it still doesn’t work,Contact your apple phone technician you might be dealing with a hardware issue.
Problem: App Store keeps refreshing or Can’t Connect
This is when you load up the App Store and discover that it just repeatedly refreshes every few seconds or cant connect to the apple store.It was pointed out in iPhone 8 review unit and it was reported elsewhere in which they said to update to Apple’s latest devices and make sure Apple’s service isn’t down
- A simple restart was enough to get our iPhone 8 back on track. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and slide to power off. Then press the Sleep/Wake button to turn your iPhone back on.
- Some people had success by signing out of their account and back in again. Go to Settings and tap on your name at the top, then iTunes & App Store > Apple ID and choose Sign out. Tap Sign In and enter your details to sign back in and then try the App Store again. This has been noticed to solve it too.
- Go to the App Store, leave it open for a few seconds, and then go back to Date & Time and toggle Set Automatically to on. Close the App Store in your multitasking tray and then open it up again and see if you can establish a connection.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Random Shut Off
In a situation where by your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus starts to randomly restarting itself , you need not alarm yourself as there might be a way.
If your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus starts restarting itself more than once a day, try to hold down the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time and wait for the phone to reboot itself. It has been noted to solve issues in most cases.
In a case there is no improvement, you might want to get in touch with Apple customer service.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Cellular Data Problems
When you have network issues on iPhone 8 or it suddenly displays the “No Service” symbol and you can’t connect your cellular provider’s network. First, check your service provider for outages. You can check to see if it is network issues from service provider from Down Detector so as not to start turning your phones head up.
When you sure it is from service provider, you can just restart your iphone 8 but If that doesn’t work, flip to Airplane Mode for few seconds before turning it off. Airplane Mode kills all connections on your device and it could fix your problem.
Next, toggle Cellular Data and/or LTE off and on to see if that helps. To shut LTE down temporarily, go into Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Off. Turn it back on when and if you need it.
To shut off Cellular Data completely without turning off any other services go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > Toggle Off. Toggle it back on.
Problem: iPhone 8 Overheating
Your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus might feel hot if you’re playing a game, watching a video or browsing on 3G or 4G lte or doing these things simultaneously. This may go away after a while. But if it doesn’t, Then you can troubleshoot the following.
If it gets too hot, the iPhone 8 is designed to disable certain features, like the flash, display a temperature warning on screen, and shut itself off.
- The first thing to do is to disable everything and allow it to cool down.
- If you can go to a cooler environment, then do so. Leaving your iPhone 8 on the dash in your car on a hot day, for example, could cause a problem.
- If you have an iPhone 8 case or cover, then consider removing it to allow the heat to dissipate faster.
- Try turning off any functions you aren’t using. For example, go to Settings > Privacyand toggle Location Services
- If you’re in an area with poor signal, then it may be worth swiping up to open the Control Center and tapping the Cellular Data icon to turn it off. Just remember to turn it on again later.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to power off. Press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on again.
- The most likely culprit for overheating is a specific app or game, so pay attention to what is running when it happens and consider uninstalling anything problematic.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Apps Freezing & Quitting
If the apps on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 are continually freezing or quitting, here are a few fixes that might squash the issue.
First, restart your phone.
If that doesn’t help you’ll want to check the App Store for an update. Developers have been trotting out support updates and the latest version could stabilize the app. Make sure you read reviews from iPhone 8 users before you install. You can also delete the app and download it again to see if that helps.
How to Fix iPhone 8 Problems If Nothing Else Works
In conclusion, there is a summary of things to try when you are troubleshooting iphone8 or some other mobile devices. If you can’t find a fix for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus problem on our list here are a few recommendations.
- Always try installing the latest iOS update. Apple’s released a new iOS 11 update that tackles issues plaguing the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Do make it a habit visiting Apple’s discussion forums and ask for help. You can also ping Apple Support on Twitter or make contact with support on the company’s website.
- When you do not get required help, try downgrading to an older version of iOS if one is available for your device.
- If you don’t want to take it into a store, you can start fresh on your own.
- Factory resetting your device will wipe everything stored on your iPhone 8 and return it to the way it was when you first opened the box so make sure you backup all of your important data before you make the move.
Once you’ve backed up all of your files, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Again, this should only be used as a last resort.