The reason for this post was to show how i cracked my Mtn modem and made it a universal modem to accept any other simcard like Glo, Airtel or 9mobile with ease and no need for a software as the E3531 is one the latest model of modems and routers from huawei. Here is how to unlock huawei E3531 modem and router using its 16 IMEI number. It is what am using right now after i cracked the Mtn to other networks now.
Requirement to Unlock Huawei E3531 Modem and Router.
- Internet access.
- The particular website.
- Your modem 15 or 16 IMEI number.
How to Unlock Huawei E3531 MTN & Glo Modem and Router.
The unlock can only be done by first generating an unlock code and then use it to unlock huawei E3531 modem.
- Click Huawei code generator to generate an unlock codes for your Huawei modems, and Huawei routers.
- Now it will require you to enter your HUAWEI modem or router IMEI number and click on the Calculate button.
- Your Modem unlock code will appear. Copy it and save it as you will need them.
- Keep this unlock code safe, you will need it to unlock your modem using the next guide below.
How to Unlock Huawei E3531 Modem and Router Using the Unlock Code.
This is the interesting part, as this is the point we crack the modem without a stress. I did mine from a phone and just did this last step on the pc.
- Insert a foreign sim card to your modem.Let us assume you wish to unlock mtn huawei E3531 modem, you should insert airtel, 9mobile or glo sim card into your modem.
- Insert your modem to a USB port on your PC, wait for a window to pop up from your modem software asking for unlock code.
- Enter the unlock code you generated earlier and click on OK. Just ensure to enter any of the codes till it accepts one of it.
- The moment it accepts the code, the unlock is done and you can start cruiising you cracked modem with any other type of network service provider service you care about.
This method above can be used to unlock the following and even more that are not listed below
- Huawei E3272.
- Huawei E3531.
- Huawei E5372.
- Huawei 823F.
- Megafon M21-4.
- Megafon MR100-3 Russia.
- MTC 823F.
- Huawei E5330.
- Huawei E8231 modems and routers.