Android is a wonderful operating system that affords you the luxury of ease of use and flexible data transfer from device to device. Today i wish to discuss How To Fix No Sim Card Detected Error On Android Device.
A SIM card, also known as a subscriber identity module, is a smart card that stores data for GSM cellular telephone subscribers. Such data includes user identity, phone number, location, network authorization data, personal security keys, contact lists and stored text messages.
To make calls, send or receive messages or use cellular data on mobile phones, users need to insert a SIM card to their device.
Why SIM Card Cannot Be Detected?
How can you solve this problem?
This article will show you what and how to solve this problem of No Sim Card detected Error
1. Restart Phone
The first thing to do is to restart your phone. When your phone restarts, it refreshes most of the software which in turn ensures that minor errors can be resolved by it.
IF you restart your phone and the problem is solved, then you may not have to worry about the next solutions unless restarting the device has been a temporary fix and you have had the problem return on your device often.
2. Check SIM Slot on the Phone if Phone Says ‘No Sim Card’
Check if you inserted the SIM card improperly which the phone might not recognize the SIM card. On the other hand, the SIM card may be loosely inserted which can cause the smartphone not to read it properly.
Here’s what to do if that’s the case:
Step 1. Turn off the phone and remove the back cover.
Step 2. Remove the battery if it is covering where the sim card is. Then remove the SIM card from the SIM card slot. For other Higher version of android where the sim slot is by the phone side, you do not need remove the battery.
Step 3. Clean the SIM card with a clean piece of cloth or tissue paper to remove any kind of dirt or dust from it.
Step 4. Re-inserted the SIM card and reboot the phone.
Once the phone restarts, it is ideal to allow it a few minute to rest. The network and cell service should be back on. This method can help fix this kind of issues a times. If this issue continues after trying this method, then try the next step.
3. Turn on Airplane mode
Another methods that most users use to fix the error is to enable the Airplane mode on the device.
The specific steps are:
- First swipe down the screen of your device to open the notification bar.
- Click on the Airplane mode icon to enable the feature.
- Then you should wait for at least 30 seconds and tap on the icon once again to switch off the mode.
This may resolve the problem as testified by some who have tried this method.
4. Choose the right network Operator
Sometimes, if you do not set your network operator as the carrier you are using for your device, you may end up seeing this error. To resolve it, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu of your mobile device.
- Tap on More Networks and then go to Mobile Networks.
- Here, you must tap on Network Operators
- Tap on the option that says Search Networks
At this point, your mobile device starts searching for available networks. Once the search is completed you will see a list of network carriers available displayed on the screen.
Ensure you select the carrier that you are currently with. This will ensure that your device is able to connect properly to the right network and not end up with SIM errors.
5. Wipe Android Cache and Data
To clear your Android’s cache can help fix the no SIM card error (even certain other errors).
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage to open its settings page. open the App Manager settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
- The next time you use the app, it will download everything it needs from the internet like it did the first time you used it. Clearing cached data does not clear other data like logins or saved games.
6. Factory Reset
If you tried all the methods above and still having this issues, then you need to do a hard reset or factory reset. This is the last option and is the most effective method to try when all other solutions fail.
This method will clear or erase all data and settings on your phone. So, before embarking on this process, you need to do a backup of your data or files.
A Hard Reset can fix software conflicts on your device that could be causing the No SIM Error message on your Android Phone.
Before you start, things to note:
1. Ensure the battery of your Phone is charged to at-least 25% to 30%.
You may read “how to check and update android version”
Step 2. Firstly, turn off your smartphone and let it rest for few minutes.
Step 3. Next was to turn on the phone by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons together to enable fast boot menu options. See how to reset some android phones
Step 4. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the options and start the recovery menu.
Step 5. Choose “Wipe cache partition” option and tap on the Power button to select it. In my case i just chose the wipe data/factory reset because i wanted it to look a new.
Alternatively, you can begin to factory reset the device with this other method.
– To factory reset your Android phone, go to Settings> Backup and Restore> Backup> Reset Phone to set the phone to its original settings.
– To reset your iPhone, you need to visit to Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings to wipe all the settings and files
You may choose the “Wipe cache partition” as this will not make you lose some information on your phone but if you perform the former, be sure to backup or have your data/information on an SD Card so you can recover them back as this method will wipe away everything on the phone and reset it to when you just bought your android phone newly.
The moment you try any of the aforementioned methods, am sure you will have the issue No Sim Card Detected Error On Android Device dealt with.
If you tried all methods above and your phone still does not read your SIM card, then you may need to visit your designated smartphone office or repair shop.
Kindly share and like this post.